Main Photo by Henrique Ferreira
CURRENT POSITION – 15th
SCORERS – 8 En-Nesyri 3 Gudelj 2 Lukébakio, Lamela, Ocampos, Mir, Rakitic, OG 1 Suso, Salas, Sow, Pedrosa, Ramos
L 1-2 Valencia (H) (En-Nesyri)
L 3-4 Alavés (A) (Lamela, Mir, OG)
L 1-2 Girona (H) (Gudelj)
W 1-0 Las Palmas (H) (Lukébakio)
(CL GS) D 1-1 Lens (H) (Ocampos)
D 0-0 Osasuna (A)
W 5-1 Almería (H) (En-Nesyri, Lukébakio, Suso, Lamela, Salas)
L 0-1 Barcelona (A)
(CL GS) D 2-2 PSV (A) (Gudelj, En-Nesyri)
D 2-2 Rayo (H) (Sow, En-Nesyri)
D 1-1 Real (H) (OG)
(CL GS) L 1-2 Arsenal (H) (Gudelj)
D 2-2 Cádiz (A) (Ocampos, Rakitic)
(Copa 1R) W 3-0 Quintanar (A) (Mir, En-Nesyri, Pedrosa)
D 1-1 Celta (A) (En-Nesyri)
(CL GS) L 0-2 Arsenal (A)
D 1-1 Betis (H) (Rakitic)
L 1-2 Sociedad (A) (En-Nesyri)
(CL GS) L 2-3 PSV (H) (Ramos, En-Nesyri)
(Copa 2R) Astorga (A)
(CL GS) Lens (A)
Las Palmas (A)
NICKNAME – Los Nervionenses, Los Palanganas
FOUNDED – 1890
LOCATED IN – Seville, Andalusia
STADIUM – Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán
ON FOOT – 10 minutes from the train station
CAPACITY – 42,714
PROMOTED – 2001
BEST LA LIGA FINISH – Winners (1945/1946)
BEST COPA DEL REY RUN – Winners (5 times)
BEST EC/CL FINISH – QF (Twice)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – Winners (7 times)
BEST CWC FINISH – R32 (1962/1963)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Campanal I (218)
2022/2023 FINISH – 12th
FIVE FACTS ABOUT SEVILLA FC
1. Formed by a group of Brits (mainly Scots) celebrating Burns night in 1890, it is the oldest football club in Spain.
2. The stadium is nicknamed “La Bombonera” (the box of chocolates), after the home ground of Boca Juniors.
3. Boca legend Diego Maradona moved here briefly from Napoli for a largely unsuccessful stint.
4. Although Sevilla have won the league once and the Copa del Rey 5 times, their real love affair is with the UEFA Cup and Europa League. They won a staggering 7 out of 7 finals between 2006 and 2023, including 3 titles in a row.
5. They contest the Seville derby with Real Betis. Sevilla is generally supported by the rich, while Betis represent the working class.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT SEVILLA’S CULTURE
1. NO8DO (no me ha dejado) is Seville’s secret motto and can be seen inscribed in various places around the city.
2. With an average year-round temperature of 25 degrees it rarely gets cold here, but it does get extremely hot.
3. Seville is the centre of flamenco in Spain. “Sevillanas” are a traditional form of music that originated in the city.
4. Bitter orange trees are ubiquitous, with many of them ending up as marmalade on British tables.
5. The Alcázar is perhaps Seville’s most beautiful piece of architecture; you may have already seen it in the lamentable Dorne sequences of “Game of Thrones”.
OTHER SPANISH CLUBS
Alavés, Almería, Athletic, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Betis, Cádiz, Celta Vigo, Éibar, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Girona, Granada, Huesca, Las Palmas, Leganés, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Rayo Vallecano, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Valencia, Valladolid, Villarreal