Main Photo by Bob Brewer
Official Website /// Buy Tickets /// Directions /// Facebook /// Instagram /// Twitter /// YouTube
NICKNAME – Los Azulones (The Deep Blues)
FOUNDED – 1946
LOCATED IN – Getafe, Community of Madrid
STADIUM – Coliseum Alfonso Pérez
CAPACITY – 17,393
PROMOTED – 2017
BEST LA LIGA FINISH – 5th (2018/2019)
BEST COPA DEL REY RUN – Runners Up (Twice)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – QF (2007/2008)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Rivera (78)
2021/2022 FINISH – 15th
FIVE FACTS ABOUT GETAFE CF
1. The original club, Getafe Deportivo, had to borrow goalposts from another club for their matches in the 1940s.
2. This club was liquidated after failing to pay the players, leading to the creation of the current Getafe CF in 1983.
3. They lost consecutive Copa Del Rey finals to Sevilla then Valencia in 2007 and 2008.
4. In a bizarre attempt to increase their fan base, they produced a retro zombie porn film in 2011, which they sent to sperm donor clinics in the area.
5. Their main rivalry is with neighbours Leganés, but they have a friendly rivalry with their “big brother” Real Madrid.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT GETAFE
1. Getafe is located in the very centre of the Iberian Peninsula; the “Cerro de los Ángeles” marks the spot.
2. Home to one of Spain’s first air force bases as well as an Airbus factory, Getafe has a proud aeronautical tradition.
3. It is for this reason there are very few high buildings in the city, with most reaching a maximum of five floors.
4. Getafe boasts the largest population of common kestrel in the world in the Perales del Rio area.
5. The Carlos III University (UC3M), one of the best in the country, is based here.
INTERESTING VIDEO LINKS
A visit to Butarque to play rivals Leganés
A look around Getafe
OTHER SPANISH CLUBS
Alavés, Almería, Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Betis, Cádiz, Celta Vigo, Éibar, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Girona, Granada, Huesca, Leganés, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Rayo Vallecano, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Valencia, Valladolid, Villarreal