Main Photo by Jordi Vich Navarro
Official Website /// Buy Tickets /// Directions /// Facebook /// Instagram /// Twitter /// YouTube
NICKNAME – El Submarino Amarillo (The Yellow Submarine)
FOUNDED – 1910
LOCATED IN – Cádiz, Andalusia
STADIUM – Estadio Ramón de Carranza
CAPACITY – 25,033
PROMOTED – 2020
BEST LA LIGA FINISH – 12th (Twice)
BEST COPA DEL REY RUN – SF (1989/1990)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Paco Baena (80)
2021/2022 FINISH – 17th
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CÁDIZ CF
1. The club crest depicts Hercules keeping two lions apart during one of his labours. Two pillars (symbolising the Pillars of Hercules) appear in the background.
2. Salvadoran “Mágico” González, one of the best players in the world at the time, represented Cádiz through the 1980s.
3. It was during this period that Cádiz picked up their nickname of the “Yellow Submarine” due to their uncanny ability to escape the drop after being “submerged” in the relegation zone.
4. When Cádiz were finally sunk in the 1990s, they dropped down two divisions and nearly went out of business.
5. Cádiz have been searching for their next star in India, where young players can win a scholarship to train in Spain.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CÁDIZ
1. Cádiz is situated on an island off the southwest Spanish coast, but is connected to the mainland by two huge bridges.
2. The oldest city in Spain, its name comes from the ancient Phoenician word, “(a)gadir”, meaning “wall” or “stronghold”.
3. Due to its strategic location on the Straits of Gibraltar, the city has seen many battles over its history, which is why it has so many castles and fortifications contained within it.
4. Cádiz was also a trade centre, so merchants built towers from their houses to be able to see approaching ships. The highest is the Tavira Tower, which you can still visit today.
5. Nearby Jerez de la Frontera, located on the mainland, is the home of sherry and has hosted F1 races in the part.
INTERESTING VIDEO LINKS
“Me han dicho que el amarillo…”
“Cádiz siempre dentro de mi”
A look around Cádiz
OTHER SPANISH CLUBS
Alavés, Almería, Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Betis, Cádiz, Celta Vigo, Éibar, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Girona, Granada, Huesca, Leganés, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Rayo Vallecano, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Valencia, Valladolid, Villarreal