NICKNAME – Le Tefece, Le Tef, Les Pitchouns (The Kids), Les Violets (The Violets)
FOUNDED – 1970
LOCATED IN – Toulouse, Occitanie
STADIUM – Stadium de Toulouse
CAPACITY – 33,150
RELEGATED – 2020
BEST LIGUE 1 FINISH – 3rd (Twice)
BEST COUPE DE FRANCE RUN – SF (2008/2009)
BEST COUPE DE LA LIGUE/D’ETE RUN – SF (Twice)
BEST EC/CL FINISH – 3rd QR (2007/2008)
BEST UC/EL FINISH –2nd Round (Twice)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Robert Pintenat (83)
2019/2020 FINISH – 20th (Ligue 1)
FIVE FACTS ABOUT TOULOUSE FC
1. Due to financial difficulties, they had to sell both their place in the top division and all their players to Red Star in 1967.
2. Money troubles returned to haunt them in 2001, resulting in demotion to the 3rd division.
3. They bounced back to reach the Champions League in 2007, but were thrashed by Liverpool in the qualifying play-off.
4. Toulouse took just 1 point from 54 before coronavirus ended the 2019/2020 season prematurely.
5. They contest the “Derby de la Garonne” with Girondins de Bordeaux, as they both lie on the same river.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT TOULOUSE
1. The fourth largest city in France, it hosts the headquarters of Airbus. Paris to Toulouse is the busiest flight path in Europe.
2. Toulouse was the first capital of the Visigothic Empire, which at its peak covered most of Spain as well as southern France.
3. It is nicknamed “la Ville Rose” (Pink City), because of the pinkish hue of the bricks used in its architecture.
4. An important stop on the way to Santiago de Compostela, the city contains two UNESCO World Heritage sites.
5. Toulouse is much more of a rugby city than a football one. Stade Toulousain have won four European titles.
OTHER FRENCH TEAMS
Amiens, Angers, Bordeaux, Brest, Dijon, Lens, Lille, Lorient, Lyon, Marseille, Metz, Monaco, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Nimes, Paris Saint-Germain, Reims, Rennes, Saint-Etienne, Strasbourg, Toulouse