NICKNAME – Pucela/Los Pucelanos (Pucelle), Blanquivioletas/Albivioletas (The White and Violets)
FOUNDED – 1928
LOCATED IN – Valladolid, Castile and Leon
STADIUM – Estadio Jose Zorrilla
CAPACITY – 27,846
PROMOTED – 2018
BEST LA LIGA FINISH – 4th (1962/1963)
BEST COPA DEL REY RUN – Runners Up (Twice)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – R32 (1997/1998)
BEST CWC FINISH – QF (1989/1990)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Victor Manuel Fernandez (93)
2019/2020 FINISH – 13th
FIVE FACTS ABOUT REAL VALLADOLID
1. Like residents of Valladolid, the club is known as “Pucela”, possibly in reference to knights who supported Joan of Arc.
2. The stadium is named after poet and dramatist Jose Zorrilla, who was born in the city.
3. They hold the record for the fastest goal scored in La Liga at just over 7 seconds; Espanyol were their opponents.
4. Brazilian legend Ronaldo purchased the club in 2018 and can regularly be seen in attendance at matches.
5. Their main rivals are UD Salamanca, against whom they contest the Castile and Leon derby.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT VALLADOLID
1. Isabella and Ferdinand, who completed the “Reconquista” (reconquest) of Spain, were married in Valladolid.
2. Christopher Columbus, whose voyage to the Americas they funded, died here.
3. It was briefly capital of Spain between 1601 and 1606, before the royal court moved back to Madrid.
4. Miguel de Cervantes, the author of Don Quijote, had a house here at the time; a local university is named after him.
5. It is a centre of quality wine production, with five different local regions recognised by the Spanish government.
OTHER SPANISH CLUBS
Alaves, Athletic Bilbao, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Cadiz, Celta Vigo, Eibar, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Granada, Huesca, Leganes, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Real Betis, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Real Valladolid, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal