NICKNAME – Gorritxoak/Los Rojillos (The Reds)
FOUNDED – 1920
LOCATED IN – Pamplona, Navarre
STADIUM – El Sadar
CAPACITY – 18,761
PROMOTED – 2019
BEST LA LIGA FINISH – 4th (Twice)
BEST COPA DEL REY RUN – Runners Up (2004/2005)
BEST EC/CL FINISH – Qualifying Round (2006/2007)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – SF (2006/2007)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Julian Vergara (185+)
2019/2020 FINISH – 10th
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CA OSASUNA
1. Osasuna means “health” or “strength” in Basque.
2. Like Athletic, Real and Barca, they are fan owned.
3. Athletic Bilbao’s policy of only signing Basque players has led them to poach from Osasuna’s “cantera”, which has generated ill will between the clubs.
4. Apart from the many Basque derbies they are involved in, Osasuna also contest the Navarre-Aragon derby with Real Zaragoza.
5. Although they have never won a major trophy, they made an excellent run to the 2007 UEFA Cup semi-finals, beating Bordeaux, Rangers and Leverkusen before falling to Sevilla.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT PAMPLONA
1. The city is named after the famous Roman general, Pompey, who established a camp here.
2. Although it is not part of the Basque Country autonomous community, it is part of the Basque cultural region.
3. Pamplona is world-renowned for the iconic “Running of the Bulls”, part of the festival of San Fermin.
4. Pamplona’s most famous son is Miguel Indurain, the only cyclist to win 5 consecutive Tour De France titles.
5. The international governing body for Basque pelota is also located here.
OTHER SPANISH CLUBS
Alaves, Athletic Bilbao, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Cadiz, Celta Vigo, Eibar, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Granada, Huesca, Leganes, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Real Betis, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Real Valladolid, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal