NICKNAME – Der FCB, Die Roten (The Reds), FC Hollywood
FOUNDED – 1900
LOCATED IN – Munich, Bavaria
STADIUM – Allianz Arena
CAPACITY – 75,000
PROMOTED – 1965
BEST BUNDESLIGA FINISH – Winners (29 times)
BEST DFB POKAL RUN – Winners (20 times)
BEST EC/CL FINISH – Winners (6 times)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – Winners (1995/1996)
BEST CWC FINISH – Winners (1966/1967)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Gerd Muller (564)
2019/2020 FINISH – 1st
FIVE FACTS ABOUT FC BAYERN MUNICH
1. They were not selected to be in the group of teams that formed the Bundesliga in 1963, but achieved promotion in 1965 and have remained there ever since.
2. They won three back-to-back European Cups from 1974 to 1976 with Franz Beckenbauer as captain.
3. They are part of an elite group of clubs to have claimed all three major European trophies.
4. With the most members of any sports club in the world, Bayern’s home and away games all sell out before the season even begins.
5. Although they are always rated the most disliked team in Germany, they often help out teams in financial trouble, even rivals such as 1860 Munich, Kaiserslautern and Dortmund.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT MUNICH
1. The name “Munich” (Munchen in German) comes from a group of Benedictine monks who were based here.
2. A very wealthy city, it regularly ranks as one of the most livable in the world.
3. BMW, Siemens and Allianz are just some of the companies to have their headquarters here.
4. Oktoberfest (which starts in September) is the biggest beer festival in the world.
5. Ludwig II, the man of many castles, lived and ruled here. He allowed Bismarck to include Bavaria in his new German state in return for financial help for the debts he had run up.
OTHER GERMAN TEAMS
Arminia Bielefeld, Augsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia MG, Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Freiburg, Hertha Berlin, Hoffenheim, Koln, Leipzig, Mainz, Paderborn, Schalke, Stuttgart, Union Berlin, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg