NICKNAME – Die Fuggerstadter (The People from Fugger City)
FOUNDED – 1907
LOCATED IN – Augsburg, Bavaria
STADIUM – WWK Arena
CAPACITY – 30,660
PROMOTED – 2011
BEST BUNDESLIGA FINISH – 5th (2014/2015)
BEST DFB POKAL RUN –SF (2009/2010)
BEST UC/EL FINISH – R32 (2015/2016)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Michael Thurk (56)
2019/2020 FINISH – 15th
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT FC AUGSBURG
1. Founded as FC Allemania, it became FC Augsburg in 1969.
2. The pine cone on its crest symbolises the Holy Roman Empire.
3. Their biggest rivals are Ingolstadt and 1860 Munchen.
4. The WWK Arena was the world’s first carbon-neutral stadium.
5. Their previous home was built out of World War II rubble.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT AUGSBURG
1. It was founded in 15BCE, making it Germany’s third oldest city.
2. The 16th century “Fuggerei” is the oldest social housing in the world still in use.
3. Augsburg created the first ever artificial whitewater course for the 1972 Olympics.
4. Hans Holbein the Older and Younger were born here.
5. It is the hometown of poet/playwright Berthold Brecht.
OTHER GERMAN TEAMS
Arminia Bielefeld, Augsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia MG, Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Freiburg, Hertha Berlin, Hoffenheim, Koln, Leipzig, Mainz, Paderborn, Schalke, Stuttgart, Union Berlin, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg