NICKNAME – Die Arminen, Die Blauen (The Blues)
FOUNDED – 1905
LOCATED IN – Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia
STADIUM – SchucoArena
CAPACITY – 26,515
PROMOTED – 2020
BEST BUNDESLIGA FINISH – 8th (Twice)
BEST DFB POKAL RUN –SF (Twice)
RECORD GOALSCORER – Fabian Klos (140)
2019/2020 FINISH – Promoted (1st)
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT ARMINIA BIELEFELD
1. Arminia is named after Arminius, a general of the Cherusci, who won a famous battle over the Romans in the Teutoburg Forest.
2. Nicknamed the “Elevator Club”, they share the record for most promotions to the 1. Bundesliga with Nurnberg.
3. Iran’s Ali Daei, the top international scorer of all time, played here for a season in the 1990s.
4. Bielefeld are friends of Hamburg (with whom they share the same colours) and Hannover, but rivals of Munster, Bochum and Osnabruck.
5. Current Hertha manager Bruno Labbadia scored 50 goals for the club.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT BIELEFELD
1. Once known as the “City of Linen”, Bielefeld printed banknotes on fabric (“Stoffgeld”) in the 1920s.
2. Film director Murnau, best-known for his Dracula movie, “Nosferatu”, was born here.
3. The Teutoburg Forest is an integral part of the city, boasting numerous cycle paths and walking trails.
4. The Dr Oetker food processing company is based here.
5. Bielefeld doesn’t actually exist.
OTHER GERMAN TEAMS
Arminia Bielefeld, Augsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia MG, Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Freiburg, Hertha Berlin, Hoffenheim, Koln, Leipzig, Mainz, Paderborn, Schalke, Stuttgart, Union Berlin, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg